Journal of Heresies

My search for truth in a world of deceit.

Name:
Location: United States

I have what is probably an insatiable desire to search out the answers to what may be impossible questions.

Monday, October 30, 2006

The Shepherd's Psalm for Nanna

"He (Nanna) gave his word in the purity of his heart that like a shepherd, he would guide the living, return the land to their hands, put water in their midst, and make their days long." (Karki, stor 49 sub Waradsin 29; clay cylinder)

The next 15 lines are missing of the the clay cylinder from during the reign of Waradsin. I wonder if they too would sound similar to Psalm 23 in the bible.

"The Lord (YHVH) is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul... And I will dwell in the house of the Lord (YHVH) forever."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home