Journal of Heresies

My search for truth in a world of deceit.

Name:
Location: United States

I have what is probably an insatiable desire to search out the answers to what may be impossible questions.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Resource for Sumerian Texts

This week I found a really great resource for anyone who is studying ancient Sumerian texts. The site is a continually updated searchable database of Sumerian texts. When you do a search it brings up a listing of the references in english, much like a Bible search in e-sword does. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, I can't go directly from those search results to an online english translation. the text links instead take you to an online transliteration... which is great if you can read Sumerian (which I haven't learned to do yet). BUT! The transliteration has a list of sources at the bottom where you can find the english translated texts, text commentary, etc. I now have three books that I am very interested in reading, and the university library that is about a half hour away has two of the texts! Woohoo! :) One is taken out, but I hope to go to the library today to get the one that they have, which is the one I was most interested in reading anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home