Journal of Heresies

My search for truth in a world of deceit.

Name:
Location: United States

I have what is probably an insatiable desire to search out the answers to what may be impossible questions.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Taking some hard hits

I state in the little introductory paragraph under my journal title that part of what I'll write about are the wonders and perils of this journey. This past week has been one of peril for me. I have been banned from a forum which I have frequented for a year because I said that I do not have a problem associating with people who doubt the validity of Paul's epistles, and that I didn't think those beliefs about Paul warranted the very condemning statements being made about them. I have been branded by the forum owner as being the enemy of Messiah and servant of Satan. Others have been banned as well; so the body of Messiah is once again being pulled out of joint while evil looks on and gloats. The situation is incredibly tragic. I am grieving. Please keep me and everyone this affects in prayer.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tracey said...

Hello,

I just discovered your blog through Technorati and I am very interested in what you have to say. I have very similar views. I'm very sorry that you experienced such intolerance on the forum you mentioned. I, too, have my concerns about Saul/Paul's letters and it is difficult to have intelligent conversation with many other Christians when the mere mention of such things makes them feel so threatened. You sound like a very solid, thinking person and I will continue to read your blog. Feel free to come on over and check mine as well. What's funny is we both picked the same blog template, although I've customized mine slightly.

6:08 AM, April 02, 2006  
Blogger fencekicker said...

Tracey,

Thank you so much for your comments. Its always a blessing to connect with people who are seeking truth (and finding it!)

I hope you'll continue to comment on my posts. :)

11:05 AM, April 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Fenckicker,

After reading a few of your posts I have to say I am touched because I feel I've found a kindred spirit. It's tough being a rigorous thinker, being intellectually honest, asking the tough questions directly, and holding onto evangelical faith at the same time. I'm right there.
There are so few places where I find this kind of honesty with this quality of thinking. Is there a way to send you a private email off this blog?

May God bless you in your search for answers.

Questing Christian...

11:14 AM, October 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home