Journal of Heresies

My search for truth in a world of deceit.

Name:
Location: United States

I have what is probably an insatiable desire to search out the answers to what may be impossible questions.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Media Recommendation

The other night, I saw some really neat short videos. They take an object and give a Biblically based message that somehow relates to the object. They are not associated with any church and stress the importants of faith, hope and love over the religious show that many people and churches display. The few that I have seen so far go into Hebrew words and culture, pointing out the mindset that Christ, the disciples and the other people written about in the Bible would have had. I'm looking forward to watching the rest (we have about 12). They are called "NOOMA" and you can order them at the www.nooma.com website.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might want to be careful with the NOOMA videos. Last year, I really got into them and bought every one of them up to "Matthew". I thought they were awesome until I got "Bullhorn". In this video, Rob Bell does only what can be considered a soft-spoken "tirade" against street preachers that use the words "sin, burn, repent", when in fact Jesus used these words ALL THE TIME! It's a blatant watering down of the Scriptures. I started doing research and found out that Rob is a very vocal member of the Emergent Movement. Check it out and God Bless!-A

6:17 PM, June 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home